Sunday 11 August 2013

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl | Book Review

From my Booklikes Page to you. (again)


“If after reading this book you come to my home and brutally murder me, I do not blame you.” - Greg.

Absolutely F***ING AMAZING!!! This book is definitely a contemporary masterpiece! I even think, that you don't have to put a YA/contemporary or other genre stamp on it, because I'm sure that people of all ages will enjoy how super-duper zingy it is:) (word flood is coming)

First time I've heard of this book from Raeleen from padfootandprongs07 Top 12 of 2012 video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...). Little later I found her review video and it made me wanna read this book even more. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3e_2...). So thank you VERY-VERY much, Raeleen, for your raving with love opinion, it really helped me and made me eventually buy&read this awesome book! 

O.K. Thoughts.
Despite the fact, that it contains the girl dying from leukemia (and it's not funny at all no matter how you'll put this. I'm a medical student so I'm taking this stuff more serious), but this book is freaking hilarious! I've literally laughed my ass off and now it lives it's own life somewhere near Fiji and sending me some strange postcards from there. Oh my...:) 
Jesse Andrews's writing style is outstanding! His characters are guys and girls just like us, and even when they do/say some weird stuff you can find more similarities than you think you would. And it's great, 'cos we can learn some lessons depending on this. Greg don't stop telling that he writes a shitty book, but even this detail makes it unique and corky. And all those stuff that he said about Rachel at the end is so true...sometimes I have thoughts like this about cheer up movies, too (but I don't wanna spoil the plot for you, so I will fasten my little review up). You'll see what I mean when you'll check this book out. 
I liked reading from Earl's perspective. He's weird and stupid sometimes, but at the same time he's really kind and motivated to do good stuff (even when he don't wanna show it, or even when all his kindness is deeeeeeep inside)). And Earl. Earl, Earl, Earl. I really didn't expact that he's such a cool guy! Realization of this particular fact came to me in the end of the book, after his speach adressed to Greg. Good-hearted and understanding dude (Even with all his dumbass moments). True story:)

Now, for sure, "Me and Earl and the Dying girl" became 1 of my top-read-in-2013-books this year so far (and I'm absolutely positive, that from now on this book is one of my most favourite books ever read!!!)

Yeah, I can prattle a lot about this book, but neither of you will handle this talk-flow-thing. In sum, I just want all of you awesome fellows to read this book. You won't regret, I promise!
Have a great reads!!! 
And DFTBA.

* * * * * It deserves all the stars in the Universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment