Monday 19 May 2014

BOUT OF BOOKS 10.0 Wrap Up

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

 Yes... It ended yesterday. Flew by, actually...
 Obviously, comparing to all of those 2000-3000 pages wrap ups, my won't be that wow! But it was a really good reading week for me, especially since I've read ~6 times more pages, than I've read the week before. So..yay!
 Also I was kinda busy in 2nd half of the week, because of different stuff and also I wanted to spend more time with my sister and  - watch movies/TV shows and walk in park, and also I needed to see my Uni friends, because one of the girls will get married in June and she wanted to give us our invitations, so we were hangin' in the city center together and having a good time. That's why I had those "0-38 pages read" days. But, on the other hand, manga saved this read-a-thon for me. It gave me 3/5 of a page count I got at the end. Yay! to manga.=)
 Okaaaay, on to the results now!

PAGES READ: 718.
STUFF FINISHED:

= 1 book: Dear John by Nicholas Sparks (just read remaining 48 pages);
= 3 short stories from Jigs&Reels collection by Joanne Harris: Auto-da-fé || The Spectator || Al and Christine's World of Leather;
= 2 manga volumes: Yotsuba, volumes 4&5 by Azuma Kiyohiko (I like sayin' Japanese names the way they like to hear them. Not all the time, though, but for some reason I feel it's the best way to say them) or Kiyohiko Azuma, if you prefer it that way (well, it's not about preferences, of course, it's all about Western way of sayin' names, but you know..everyone has their own bugs in da head..=D).
THOUGHTS:
 Dear John made me mad (and that's all I gonna say). Short stories were weird and kinda sad/depressed and I'm not in love with this collection at the moment. Still gonna finish it, though, because I loved Chocolat by Joanne Harris last year, so I want to read more of her works. And maybe the other half of this collection will be better. [I'm all about being possitive these days] As for Yotsuba, I absolutely adore this series. Started reading it in February and just don't wanna stop. But at the same time, I don't want to read it too fast, because I own only first 7 volumes and I've already read 5 of them..yeah. I highly recommend it to you, if you want to read something light, cute and HILARIOUS.=) As always, HUGE thank you to Vanessa (chboskyy) for introducing me to this awesomeness.

 And that's it.
 I know, some of you may've expected something more, especially after my TBR post. Well what can I say, I expected more myself, but I had one of those mood swings once again, and I didn't want to read those books that I already chose, so I kept starting bunch of books (a.k.a. read a lot of 1st chapters on Amazon) and the only thing that kept me focused was manga. Yup! I think I'll read Azumanga next (by same author), because I have only 2 volumes of Yotsuba left = (T___T) and I don't think I get more soon... But I have complete Azumanga (ebook version), so hooray!
 Also I read quite a few pages from a lot of different books on my ereader, but I don't want to write all the names here. #lazyassreturns
 Oh, forgot to mention, I participated in 5 challenges, so you're right if think that I had a great time. It was a nice break between books (looong breaks, tbh, because I was constantly distracted by Interwebz, but who cares).
 Overall, I really like readathoning, commenting and twitter-chatting with all of the awesome people I met online and I can't wait to do it again in August.

 Actually, I may participate in Regan's (PeruseProject) low-key inofficial read-a-thon this week. I'll leave a link for HER VIDEO for you to check, if you wanna continue reading your unread books. She has a hashtag for that and all that jazz, so hope you can join the fun, too.

 Right, it's time for me to say bye-bye, because I wanna watch some more beauty bloggers' ideos (well, only essiebutton, tbh, because I missed her videos and I LOVE her channel and her personality -oh, she's hilarious!!!, she's my fav) and I'm kinda tired from book related vids at the moment..oops and Away We Go (the movie), cos I wanted to watch it for yeeears and never did. And also I want to read... (duuuh..) At least 100 pages. My "read 3100 pages in May" challenge is goin' down hell...
 Anywho........

TELL ME DOWN UNDER:
HOW DID YOUR READ-A-THON GO? WHAT DID YOU READ? WOW! HOW? GREAT JOB!

Have an amazing day, awesome book and READ!!!
 (pic from here)






3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your reads. That's awesome that you read so much more than you usually do. Here are my Bob RaT Stats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.=)
      I really liked doing BoB. So much fun.=)

      Delete
  2. I often have the mood-reader problems as well, it's not like I don't want to read the books that I put in my TBR-pile but... I just want to read other books more all of a sudden :p My Bout of Books was nice, although very relaxed this time around (I completed 4 books last time in January and only 1 now), there were just other things going on - weathers are nicer and more tempting than in winter, etc. I think you did extremely well! I will put my post up today (possibly with photos from park - I hope some of them came out okay :p)

    ReplyDelete