Thursday 1 May 2014

MAY Buddy Reads for You.

 Last month I filmed a video on my YT channel, where I was talking about upcoming or current buddy reads that were happening in my favourite Goodreads groups. And I must say I was glad that so many of my awesome viewers liked that idea. To be honest, I cut that list a little and included mostly the books I own (either as physical books or audiobooks, or ebooks, it doesn't matter). But there are sooo many good books this time, that I don't want to pass some of them, and want you to know about more readalongs to participate.
 That's why this time I'll include all of those I know about, so you will have a variety of books to chose from.=)

 I'll start with my favourite Goodreads group - Booktube Reading Buddies:

 So far this month we have 1 group read and 4 buddy reads, and I own all of those books in various form. You can't even imagine how much I want to read them all, but I don't want to set my hopes to high this time and hope to have fun, just like it was in April.

Books:
 
= Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides (group read);
= Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell;
= Hyperion by Dan Simmons;
= Vicious by V.E. Schwab;
= Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente.

 I'll be reading Vicious with the group for sure and may listen to Hyperion as an audiobook. Of course, I'm interested in all of those, but I don't want to create a pile now.
 Oh, and some of those buddy reads have a reading schedule, but you can read in your own pace.

Next stop - The Jolly Good Reading Society.
 This group always chose their reads for 2 months, so the next 3 books were picked for March 25-May 24 period. I've alredy read and really liked one of those, and planning to read another.


= The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (the one I've read);
= Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore: A Novel by Robin Sloan (the one I plan to read);
= The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson.

Another one is International Reads.
 They've chosen the book that I don't own, so I might read their last month pick, that was The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende.
 But this month's choice is:

13057939= In the Shadow of the Banyan by Vaddey Ratner.

 I wish I can join this readalong... Book sounds sooo interesting. But even if I order it right now from BetterWorldBooks, it won't be here will June. Oh, well. Next time.








Next group - Nothing but Reading Challenges.
 Why I love this group is that because they always have more than 5 books on their montly to-read list. It's "group reads" (2-3) and "buddy reads" (usually more than 4-5). I won't add their budy reads this time, but please, check them out (link in the title). 
 So, the group reads are:

15781725 6990472 13636400

= The House Girls by Tara Conklin (I'd love to read this book someday, but I don't own it);
= If I Stay by Gayle Forman (have an ebook, wanna read it before the movie came out - that trailer!!!);
= The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (own that beautiful hardback, and may join the fun).

SciFi and Fantasy Book Club.
 Hm, it's weird, because I saw that they picked these books, that you'll see in a moment, but the're gone right now. Maybe some editing, though. But anyway, here they are:

1128434 425163

= The Last Wish by Andrzei Sapkowski (have an ebook, got it last year, in autumn, may join the readalong, because it's a witch book and I'd love to read more of those);
= The Mote in God's Eye by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle (tbh, never heard of this book before, but it sounds good).

Classic for Beginners:

4406= East of Eden by John Steinbeck.

 I have my mom's old copy, so maybe I'll read this book soon, but I'm not 100% sure that I want to read in now. Maybe, maybe, maybe...
 Anyway, heard amazing things, it's lot's of people's favorite book, and it's on my TBR list.


O.K., and the next 2 books are readalongs by fairly new groups created by my favorite booktubers (and they pick new books every month/or almost every month). Also they're doing liveshows and I'll link a few videos for you, where you can get more info.







Fire & Flood Readalong.

16069167

= Fire & Flood (#1 in Fire & Flood series/trilogy) by Victoria Scott.
 Liveshow will be happening on 24th of May at 8pm GMT, so you have plenty of time to read this book in time and then dicsuss it in group and/or during the liveshow (but beware, there will be A LOT of spoilers in this liveshow, so you'd better read the book first, if you plan to).
 I'm not sure, if I want to read this book or not, because it was really hyped on booktube, and I tend to dislike overhyped book in most of cases, so we'll see. My monthly "reading plans" list is already cray-cray.
 Oh, and here's Sarah's video, where you can get more info.




And finally! The last readalong! haha

Contempopary Lovers!
I was really excited to know that Anabel @ IntheBookCorner, Juhina @ Majibookshelf and few other booktubers created this group for contemporary fiction lovers.=) (yay!) I love to read contemporary books every once in a while, and the first pick makes me even more excited, because it's:

18140047

= Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira.
 The reason why I am sooo excited, is because, firstly, it's epistolary - and I love epistolary!!!-, and, secondly, because recently I've found out that Stephen Chbosky (yes!) was Ava's mentor and she also worked with him on The Perks movie (if I'm not mistaken, but I might be). And many say that Letters are a little similar to The Perks of Being a Wallflower (and I LOVED that book, it's one of my top fav books and also one of my top 10 influential book). So I can't wait to read it. Hooray!
 Liveshow: June 7th 2pm EST. And here's Anabel's and Junina's videos for you, because they can explain everything better.=)

O.K. That it!
 Of course, there are even more awesome readalong out there, but I can't list them all, and those you can find above are from the Goodreads groups I'm in.

LET ME KNOW, IF YOU WANNA JOIN SOME OF THESE READALONGS? OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ SOME OF THESE BOOKS, WHAT DID YOU THOUGHT OF THEM?

Hope my blog post helped you a little and you'll have amazing reading May.

Have an amazing day, awesome book and READ!



No comments:

Post a Comment